(Otherwise Known as the Fine Print)
CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION - We recommend that guests take whatever precautions they feel are necessary to keep themselves and their families safe. This may include wearing of face masks, social distancing, washing your hands frequently, etc. or even staying at home if someone in your party is not feeling well.
• SEASON –The Inn and Cottages are open from the Friday before Father’s Day (mid-June) until late September or early October, with some weekends reserved in June, late August and September for weddings and private events.
• WEDDINGS & EVENTS – If you would like to book Tarry A While for your wedding, reception or other special event, we are happy to oblige. Please contact us for availability and additional information on what can be offered.
• ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE –Guests are allowed to check into their room or cottage after 3 pm, and must check-out by 10 am on the day they depart. Guests are welcome to arrive at the resort as early as 8 am and depart as late as 9 pm in order to enjoy our beach and other amenities; we do ask however that all guests report to the office immediately upon their arrival, there are no "self-check-ins". If possible, we will try to get you to your cottage/room upon arrival, but if we can't then it will be 3 pm. Please let us know if you plan on arriving after 6 pm, and no arrivals after 8 pm, please.
• RESORT AMENITIES –All of our Resort guests are permitted free use of our Canoes, Kayaks, Paddle Boards, Ping-Pong & Pool Tables, Social Hall, Shuffleboard, Fire Pit and Bicycles.
• INN ROOMS –are for double occupancy and include full breakfast, daily housekeeping and free use of all resort amenities. All Inn rooms have a two night minimum over Saturdays and no children under 5 may sleep in the Inn - try a cabin for your young family instead.
• COTTAGE RENTALS – For the most part, all of our cottages rent weekly, from Saturday at 3 pm to Saturday at 10 am, many times to the same guests, for the same week, year after year. We prefer to rent our cottages by the week, but usually around May 1st we will take reservations for shorter stays (a 3 day minimum is required). For a fee of $28/person (+tax but includes gratuity), cottage guests can make reservations to join us for breakfast in the Inn Dining Room one day mid week. Please inquire with our Innkeeper to make reservations if you would like to join us for breakfast.
• COTTAGE HOUSEKEEPING – We are very picky about the cleanliness of our cottages and expect that you leave them (for the next guests) in a similar condition as you found them. Of course you don’t need to make the beds on your last day. We pick up garbage and recycle bags when full, (extra bags are provided). Please leave full bags hanging on the hook outside the main door to your cottage. We provide what we think will be adequate towels and linens for your use, however, if at any time you would like fresh towels or linens, please see our innkeeper. Each cottage has its own vacuum, broom and furnished cleaning supplies; we ask that you keep the cottages relatively neat and clean during your stay. If you desire, we would be happy to provide Daily Cottage Housekeeping, (you pick up - we clean) but availability can only be guaranteed if reserved at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival. The price of Daily Cottage Housekeeping is $100, $175, $250, $400 for 1, 2, 3 & 5 bedroom cottages, respectively. We also offer a Wednesday’s Only Cottage Housekeeping for $35 per bedroom, which includes the kitchen, baths and all living spaces, but no dishes.
• RESERVATIONS & DEPOSITS – are accepted year round by making them online or calling (207) 647-2522. Reservations can be made 51 weeks in advance and are considered officially booked once a deposit is received. During your stay, you are allowed to re-book the same cottage/room(s) for the same week next year by making a deposit with the remaining amount due in the spring. All reservations made less than one month of your arrival must be paid in full by debit or credit card at the time of booking.
• PAYMENT METHODS - We accept cash, personal checks, and debit & credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, and Discover). Occasionally our rates may change without notice.
• STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY
Cottages: Prior to 60 days of your arrival, if for any reason a cancellation of your entire stay is necessary then we will promptly return all but $100 of your deposit. If canceled within 60 days of your arrival , your deposit is not refundable. No refunds for early departures.
Inn: Prior to 28 days of your arrival, a $50 service charge will be charged on all cancellations. We regret that there are no refunds on deposits made for cancellations less than 14 days before arrival. Cancellations within 7 days of arrival are subject to forfeiture of full amount of stay. No refunds on early departures.
• ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE – Check In after 3 pm -Check Out before 10 am. To enjoy our beach and facilities, guests are welcome to arrive as early as 8 am and depart as late as 9 pm, but all guests must immediately report to the office upon arrival, there are no self-check-ins. We will try to get you to your cabin/room upon arrival, but it may not be possible until 3 pm. Please let us know if you are running late, and no arrivals after 8 pm please.
• SWIMMING – No Lifeguard on Duty! Swimming and use of any watercraft are at your own risk! Life vests must be worn at all times when boating! Children under the age of 14 must have adult supervision when at the waterfront. No horseplay, playful screaming or boisterous activity allowed! Bring flashlight when skinny dipping to look out for others.
• BOATS – Use of our dock for tying up personal or rented boats requires permission. Motorized boats greater than 20' in length or 200 hp are not allowed. Jet skis are also not allowed. Guests who wish to use our dock will be required to make a reservation with us prior to bringing your boat! Guests will be asked to sign a Boat Policy Form and abide by additional rules and restrictions. There is an additional fee based upon boat size and length of stay.
• TRANQUILITY – Tarry A While is a magical place that is laid back yet fun packed. A place where dreams of summer come alive and fond memories are forged for a life time…. so don’t ruin it by playing loud music, using profanity or creating excessively noisy activities. Resort guests enjoying the Social Hall fire pit, Dance Garden or other open public areas in the evening are asked to keep noise to a minimum after 10 pm. Please be respective of other Resort guests and Tarry A While's neighbors!
• EVENT GUESTS – Guests that are visiting Tarry A While as part of their host's event but are not staying on the property are expected to abide by all Resort Policies. Use of Resort amenities may be limited, please check with Resort staff to clarify what is available for your use.
• LOBSTER BAKES – On Friday evenings in July and August, our guests and the public are invited to lobster bakes on our beach from 6 pm to sunset. Please see our Lobster Bake page on our website for additional details. A cash bar is also provided.
• GRATUITIES & TAXES – Maine state lodging tax of 9% is not included in our listed prices. Gratuities are accepted if you feel something special was earned or deserved.
• TOWELS – We have swim towels in the Inn Office for checkout to Resort Guests. Please return the towels to the office either when you check out or to obtain a fresh towel. Guests will be billed $10/towel for towels that are not returned to the Inn Office or left in your guest room upon checkout. Please do not use bath towels (or blankets) outside.
• SHOES - We recommend that all guests wear shoes when enjoying the outdoors in order to protect their feet.
• PETS – Pets of any kind are Not Allowed, however we have some fine kennels in the area.
• SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT – Smoking is strictly prohibited in all buildings and only in designated areas outside of buildings. The only smoking area is at the fire pit that is adjacent to the Social Hall. A cleaning charge of $100 will be assessed if there has been evidence of any tobacco use within guest rooms or within any building. E-cigarettes are also prohibited.
• DRUGS & ALCOHOL – Tarry A While has a liquor license and alcoholic beverages may be purchased and consumed on the property in designated areas. Consuming alcoholic beverages within your private room or cottages is also allowed, however we will not tolerate intoxicated guests who become loud or unruly. No drugs are allowed!