(Otherwise Known as the Fine Print)
• CORONAVIRUS UPDATE -
Governor Mills and the State of Maine are requiring visitors from other states two options in visiting Maine this summer. The first is to either quarantine while in Maine for the duration of their stay and once they have quarantined a minimum of 14 days, going to public places is allowable. The alternative is take a COVID 19 test and obtain the negative results within 72 hours of your stay and to provide a certificate stating those results to us no later than at check in. Residents of NH and VT may enter Maine without quarantining or the need to take a COVID test. At the very bottom of this page are two links which will provide additional information (first link is to the Maine website with additional details) and the second link is the pdf certification document that the State has created which will need to be signed and provided to us.
In addition, we are taking the following additional precautions to ensure the safety to both staff and guests. Upon your arrival...
Please maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet from others at all times. Feel free to relocate lawn furniture as you desire to comply with this.
We recommend that you wash your hands frequently or utilize one of the several locations at the inn where hand sanitizers are available.
We may randomly ask guests to take their temperature as a means to check for possible symptoms. We'll use an infrared thermal temperature gun. If you do not wish to have your temperature taken, please let us know.
We recommend that guests bring a cloth face mask to utilize while in public and for situations where social distancing is not achievable.
Disinfecting spray bottles (Lysol) and paper towels will be available in all cottages and inn rooms for guests to utilize.
We will do our best to abide by our standard check in time of 3 pm, however, we may need additional time to clean rooms and cottages properly. You are welcome to enjoy the property prior to check in if you should have to wait.
Daily room freshening for inn guests will be temporarily suspended. Please request whether you want fresh towels daily upon check in. Place dirty towels in plastic bags outside your door and clean towels will be left for you in the same manner.
Inn guests will be served breakfast on the porch in order to dine outside. Please be patient as we have limited seating and we will be preparing and serving each breakfast individually. If you prefer a continental breakfast option "to go", please let our innkeeper know the night before.
Beach towels are available and will be provided in your cottage or inn room for use at the waterfront.
Although it will be difficult not to greet each of our long time returning guests with a warm hug, we look forward to seeing you amidst these difficult times and are especially grateful that you have chosen to "tarry a while" with us once again!
Lastly, if you're not feeling well, think you have been exposed to the virus, or your COVID test result is positive, please call us and stay at home for the safety of all! We will work with you regarding your lodging payments and at the very least will apply them to a future stay. Our standard cancellation policy is described below, but we are trying to be flexible and adjust it according to each guests individual situation.
• SEASON –The Inn and Cottages are open from the Friday before Father’s Day (mid-June) until late September or early October, with some weekends reserved in June, late August and September for weddings and private events.
• WEDDINGS & EVENTS – If you would like to book Tarry A While for your wedding, reception or other special event, we are happy to oblige. Please contact us for availability and additional information on what can be offered.
• ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE –Guests are allowed to check into their room or cottage after 3 pm, and must check-out by 10 am on the day they depart. Guests are welcome to arrive at the resort as early as 8 am and depart as late as 9 pm in order to enjoy our beach and other amenities; we do ask however that all guests report to the office immediately upon their arrival, there are no "self-check-ins". If possible, we will try to get you to your cottage/room upon arrival, but if we can't then it will be 3 pm. Please let us know if you plan on arriving after 6 pm, and no arrivals after 8 pm, please.
• RESORT AMENITIES –All of our Resort guests are permitted free use of our Canoes, Kayaks, Paddle Boards, Ping-Pong & Pool Tables, Social Hall, Shuffleboard, Fire Pit and Bicycles.
• INN ROOMS –are for double occupancy and include full breakfast, daily housekeeping and free use of all resort amenities. All Inn rooms have a two night minimum over Saturdays and no children under 5 may sleep in the Inn - try a cabin for your young family instead.
• COTTAGE RENTALS – For the most part, all of our cottages rent weekly, from Saturday at 3 pm to Saturday at 10 am, many times to the same guests, for the same week, year after year. We prefer to rent our cottages by the week, but after June 15th we take reservations for 3 to 5 day stays. We encourage our weekly cottage guests to join us for breakfast in the Inn for $75/guest per week, or $15/guest per day, and all of our daily cottage rates include a full breakfast each day.
• COTTAGE HOUSEKEEPING – We are very picky about the cleanliness of our cottages and expect that you leave them (for the next guests) in a similar condition as you found them; of course, you don’t need to make the beds on your last day. We pick up garbage and recycle bags when full, (extra bags are provided). Please leave full bags hanging on the hook outside the main door to your cottage. We provide what we think will be adequate towels and linens for your use, however, if at any time you would like fresh towels or linens, please see our innkeeper. Each cottage has its own vacuum, broom and furnished cleaning supplies; we ask that you keep the cottages relatively neat and clean during your stay. If you desire, we would be happy to provide Daily Cottage Housekeeping, (you pickup - we clean) but availability can only be guaranteed if reserved at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival. The price of Daily Cottage Housekeeping is $100, $175, $250, $400 for 1, 2, 3 & 5 bedroom cottages, respectively. We also offer a Wednesday’s Only Cottage Housekeeping for $35 per bedroom, which includes the kitchen, baths and all living spaces, but no dishes.
• RESERVATIONS & DEPOSITS – are accepted year round by making them online or calling (207) 647-2522. Reservations can be made 51 weeks in advance and are considered officially booked once a deposit is received. During your stay, you are allowed to re-book the same cottage/room(s) for the same week next year by making a deposit with the remaining amount due in the spring. All reservations made less than one month of your arrival must be paid in full by debit or credit card at the time of booking.
• PAYMENT METHODS - We accept cash, personal checks, and debit & credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express). Occasionally our rates may change.
• STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY
Cottages: Prior to 60 days of your arrival, if for any reason a cancellation of your entire stay is necessary then we will promptly return all but $100 of your deposit; but, if canceled within 60 days of your arrival we will return all but $100 of your deposit, when, and only if the space can be filled. No refunds for cancellations made within 14 days of arrival or for early departures.
Inn: Prior to 28 days of your arrival, a $20 service charge will be charged on all cancellations. We regret that there are no refunds on deposits made for cancellations less than 14 days before arrival. Cancellations within 7 days of arrival are subject to forfeiture of full amount of stay. No refunds on early departures.
• ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE – Check In after 3 pm -Check Out before 10 am. To enjoy our beach and facilities, guests are welcome to arrive as early as 8 am and depart as late as 9 pm, but all guests must immediately report to the office upon arrival, there are no self-check-ins. We will try to get you to your cabin/room upon arrival, but it may not be possible until 3 pm. Please let us know if you are running late, and no arrivals after 8 pm please.
• SWIMMING – No Lifeguard on Duty! Swimming and use of any watercraft are at your own risk! Life vests must be worn at all times when boating! Children under the age of 14 must have adult supervision when at the waterfront. No horseplay, playful screaming or boisterous activity allowed! Bring flashlight when skinny dipping to look out for others.
• TRANQUILITY – Tarry A While is a magical place that is laid back yet fun packed. A place where dreams of summer come alive and fond memories are forged for a life time…. so don’t ruin it by playing loud music or using profanity. Resort guests enjoying the Social Hall fire pit, Dance Garden or other open public areas in the evening are asked to keep noise to a minimum after 10 pm. Please be respective of other Resort guests and Tarry A While's neighbors!
• EVENT GUESTS – Guests that are visiting Tarry A While as part of their host's event but are not staying on the property are expected to abide by all Resort Policies. Use of Resort amenities may be limited, please check with Resort staff to clarify what is available for your use.
• LOBSTER BAKES – On Friday evenings in July and August, our guests and the public are invited to lobster bakes on our beach from 6 pm to sunset. Please see our Lobster Bake page on our website for additional details. A cash bar is also provided.
• GRATUITIES & TAXES – Maine state lodging tax of 9% is not included in our listed prices. Gratuities are accepted if you feel something special was earned or deserved.
• TOWELS – We have swim towels in the Inn Office for checkout to Resort Guests. Please return the towels to the office either when you check out or to obtain a fresh towel. Guests will be billed $10/towel for towels that are not returned to the Inn Office or left in your guest room upon checkout. Please do not use bath towels (or blankets) outside.
• SHOES - We recommend that all guests wear shoes when enjoying the outdoors in order to protect their feet.
• PETS – Pets of any kind are Not Allowed, however we have some fine kennels in the area.
• SMOKE-FREE ENVIRONMENT – Smoking is strictly prohibited in all buildings and only in designated areas outside of buildings. The only smoking area is at the fire pit that is adjacent to the Social Hall. A cleaning charge of $100 will be assessed if there has been smoking in guest rooms or within any building.
• DRUGS & ALCOHOL – Tarry A While has a liquor license and alcoholic beverages may be purchased and consumed on the property in designated areas. Consuming alcoholic beverages within your private room or cottages is also allowed, however we will not tolerate intoxicated guests who become loud or unruly. No drugs are allowed!